Life was the first all-photography U.S. news magazine and dominated the market for more than forty years. Life celebrated the "photo essay." Life was wildly successful for generations before its prestige was diminished by economics and changing tastes. Since 1972, Life has twice ceased publication and resumed in a different form, before ceasing once again with the issue dated April 20, 2007. Recently, the brand name continues on the Internet. -Wikipedia
- All Photojournalist Papers are due, put word doc in DROP: lastname_paper.doc.
- History of Photojournalism; Joe Rosenthal, Robert Capa, Magnum
- Photojournalism categories
- ASSIGNMENT #09 Illustration
- Lauren Greenfield's Girl Culture
- Discuss your Final Project ideas if uncertain. Proposal due today.
- Let's look, ASSIGNMENT #08a CITY or TOWN
- Audio slideshows lesson
- Complete Soundslide, ASSIGNMENT #09 SOUNDSLIDE TOWN
Upcoming dates of importance
-Get started on Final Projects, drop 8-10 photos in DROP.
-EXAM DATE CHANGED
11/30/09 9:45am sharp.
-No make-up exams.
-review all the Power Point Presentations. Especially if you were absent.
-Be aware that many of the PPP’s contained more material than we discussed in class.
-visit web sites/links listed in the PPP’s & BLOG.
-review all entries on the class blog this semester: http://ramapophotoj.blogspot.com/
-make sure you have completed all the reading assignments.
-be sure you understand each shooting assignment & different types of photos.
-review all photo essays discussed\assigned in class, and those in the PPP’s.
-be familiar with important photographers, agencies, publications, discussed in class.
-Read & study all docs in PHOTOGRAPHER’s BIO’s folder.
-Know their names, their work, their era (no dates), why they are important.