Photo essay Soundslide (DUE 5/9/11) -no exceptions.
I. FINAL PROJECT
The Final Project is a 8-week project that requires each student to spend significant time with a chosen subject, to produce a well-crafted, in-depth photo essay in the form of a Soundslide. The Final Project is in lieu of a Final Exam, and should be treated as such.
The subject of this project should be a person who is interesting.
Each student must find and select a person who is multidimensional and lives life with a purpose and in a way that is interesting to others.
- This subject will be selected by the student, with careful thought to subject selection.
- Subject should be visual, must have various aspects of interest, must have good audio possibilities, and must be accessible to you.
- This person cannot be family or schoolmate. It must be someone outside your daily life.
- Each student must submit a well-written, thoroughly planned proposal of 250 words (3-4 paragraphs). The proposal must be an examined, well-planned, and strongly supported idea.
- The Final Project is NOT a single event or photo shoot. The essay should tell the story of the subject's life. Each student must develop their essay on a week-to-week basis, and bring photos in each week for critique.
- Each student will be graded on progression.
- The final essay will consist of 20-30 images, with audio, in a finished Soundslide.
Each final project will be graded as follows:
1. (3pts) SUBJECT SELECTION & WRITTEN PROPOSAL
- submittal of written proposal due March 25th
- suitability of subject for photo essay.
- degree of difficulty.
2. (7pts) WEEKLY PROGRESSION
Work should be completed as follows:
- #1 Proposal Due (March 25th)
- #2 Photos due (April 4th)
- #3 Photos due (April 11th)
- #4 Photos due (April 18th)
- #5 Photos due, Audio edited (April 25th)
- #6 Soundslide roughly constructed (May 2); Audio, Photos, titles, opening, closing
- #7 Project due (May 9th)
3. (3pts) AUDIO
- selection of types audio used.
- appropriateness of audio; music/natural sound/narration.
- overall use of audio.
4. (5pts) PHOTOGRAPHY
- overall quality of images; how well were the principles learned in this course used.
- quality of the editing; relativity of images selected, lack of repitition.
- variety of images; vertical, establishing shots, details, etc.
- preparation of images; cropping, toning, color, white balance, etc.
- caption completeness.
5. (7pts) FINISHED PRODUCT
- quality of the Soundslide presentation; titles, colors, opening, closing, ID's, etc.
- Sequencing of images.
- how well criteria was met, instructions followed.
- Length of Soundslide presentation; should be 2-3 minutes long.
- Strength of finished product; effectiveness as a story-telling piece
III. WHAT’S DUE
- Rename the "publish to web folder" lastname_soundslide.
- Submit this folder to the DROP. Do NOT submit the entire soundslide project.
- Be sure you've tested your soundslide before you submit (play the INDEX file).
¨You will not receive credit for any projects that do not play.
- Be sure each image has a caption.
- Make sure all the info fields in Soundslides are filled in; Headline, caption, etc.
- Give credit to any music you use.
- Be sure to start with opening title slide. If necessary include a brief explanatory text page.
- Check for typos and usage errors.
- KEEP SOUNDLSIDE PRESENTATION UNDER 3 MINUTES.
- Please follow instructions carefully.