The Ultimate Field Guide to Photography
by National Geographic
“Intro,” and “Buying a digital camera” pages 1-24, 44-49
“Essential Basics; Camera’s & Lenses” pages 34-75
Read and all documents in the IMPORTANT DOC’S folder.
“Make a self-portrait”
Make a series of self-portrait photos.
Photo should be a reflection of who you are, an example of self-expression.
Make a self-portrait photo that communicates something about you.
Shoot more than one idea/take.
This photo should NOT be a random snapshot, head-shot, mug shot, old photo from the past, or hastily executed snap. This shoot should include forethought and planning.
Use self-timer, and tripod if necessary.
Figure out how to use your self-timer. DO NOT have someone else take the photo.
* IMPORTANT: Students must complete:
1. Shoot 25-50 photos total
2. Select (1) image for submission; caption, crop, tone etc.
3. Be sure to include a caption.
4.SLUG PHOTO AS FOLLOWS: yourlastname_ selfportrait.JPG
5. Bring all the images you shoot for this assignment to class.
6. Bring camera connection cable or card reader, to transfer images onto computer.