Life was the first all-photography U.S. news magazine and dominated the market for more than forty years. Life celebrated the "photo essay." Life was wildly successful for generations before its prestige was diminished by economics and changing tastes. Since 1972, Life has twice ceased publication and resumed in a different form, before ceasing once again with the issue dated April 20, 2007. Recently, the brand name continues on the Internet. -Wikipedia
- Paper due today; submit to DROP; Slug: lastname_paper.doc
- Look at Assignment #08 Town; Part I
- Look at Soundslides; Photo Essays
- FINAL PROJECT: Written proposal due today
- History of Photojournalism; WEEGEE, LIFE MAGAZINE,
- Lauren Greenfield's "Girl Culture"
- Continue working on Town Assignment #8 Part II
- EXAM: 11/26/12 -no make-ups.
- Nina Berman's : Beyond the fringe of protest."
- "Occupy Wall Street," good soundslide example