ASSIGNMENT #10 Illustration
(Due Monday April 27th) 2-weeks
Part I: Create a photo illustration for this NY Times story:
“The Real Reason College Tuition Costs So Much,” by Paul F. Campos
- Do all necessary research and create or select images to make an illustrative image.
- Illustration must contain some of your own created imagery.
- You may use samples of other photographer's work in your illustration, or images found on the internet.
- BUT BE SURE TO GIVE CREDIT in caption if you use other people’s work.
- Remember, an illustration may be a Non-Documentary photograph, and can be completely set up, manipulated, or orchestrated.
- The image’s message must be communicated clearly, with a clear preconceived visual solution.
- This is an opportunity to take an idea and transform it into a representative visual, with manipulated guidance. BE CREATIVE AND CONCEPTUAL.
- See these manipulated illustrations: http://www.petapixel.com/2013/04/02/photos-of-modern-day-locations-blended-with-shots-of-major-historical-events/
- Photo may be montage, multiple images, computer or darkroom- altered images.
- Image alteration is allowed, BUT not required.
- See non-manipulated examples: http://petapixel.com/2013/01/03/creative-conceptual-iphone-photographs-by-instagram-shooter-brock-davis/
*Students must complete:
1. Select (1) best photo.
2. Be sure to write a complete caption, give credit where applicable.
3. SLUG PHOTO AS FOLLOWS:
Last name_illustration.jpg EXAMPLE: franklin_ illustration.jpg
4. Place image in the “drop folder.”