Paper -Alternate Assignment
9/11 Panel discussion Paper & Photos
(This is being offered as an alternative assignment to the Photojournalist Paper. 15pts)
Attend panel discussion. Shoot photos. Write short paper.
Friday 9/30/11, starting at 11:30am, H-129.
9/11 Remembered; The Real Ground Zero.
Panel discussion with authors Jim Dwyer and Kevin Flynn; 102 Minutes: The Untold Story of the Fight to Survive Inside the Twin Towers.
Also there will be a showing of the 9/11 documentary, Witness to History; The photographers of 9/11, by Prof. Thomas E. Franklin. The discussion will be moderated by Ramapo College Journalism Professor Tom Lueck.
Write a news story, summarizing the panel discussion and film, describing key points discussed. Include at least one quote from each panelist. Also, shoot photos of the event, cover it like a live event. Be accurate and comprehensive.
Be sure answer the following:
- Summarize what the panel discussion was about, and what was said. Write like a news story.
- What did Flynn and Dwyer say was the purpose of writing their book?
- What did Franklin say was the purpose of making his documentary?
- In what ways did these two projects offer the human perspective, on 9/11?
- What did you learn from this panel discussion?
Create a WORD document.
- 12pt font, single-space, keep te story less than two pages long.
- Copy and paste 3 of your photos into WORD document.
- Edit photos in Photoshop, copy and paste photos on separate pages.
- Be sure photos have captions (use caption format) printed under photos.
- Submit WORD document to the DROP FOLDER.
- SLUG: lastname_911panel.doc